Dance Alchemy Training Part I
The April 10-19, 2020 Training has been postponed and will be rescheduled
Dance Alchemy is a powerful transformational process using dance, expression, self-acceptance and meditation. Our bodies know how to heal and recover from traumas or events that affect our nervous system, but we are trained to go against that natural ability. Our bodies are constantly telling us what is real and true, and what needs to be felt and allowed. When we connect to energies and emotions held in the body, not with judgement or wanting to fix and change, but with love and presence, things already start to change, a certain alchemy starts happening. When we allow movements and emotions through dance as they are, this in itself brings joy. In a climate of acceptance and non-judging presence, these emotions transform and reveal their essential qualities; deeper sensitivities, greater understanding, new strengths. We are no longer divided against ourselves. The resulting feeling of wholeness and happiness opens the door inside of us to connect with the beauty of our authentic being, and the stillness within.
This is the alchemy of transformation. This is meditation in action.
In the training part I, we learn how to use the alchemy of transformation, the elements of which we have in our own bodies, becoming familiar with how it works as we go through a deeply transforming process ourselves. This is the main focus, since through the process we become more relaxed, more joyous, more loving and accepting, and more perceptive of the body, which is what is needed to work with people using the understandings of Dance Alchemy.
As we learn how to work with the alchemy, we will explore the energies of the first 5 chakras, bringing this alchemy to issues we may have in the related areas of life.
We also explore dance and body movement, learning many ways to increase our movement vocabulary, expand our ability to communicate and create through movement, and become comfortable with flow and spontaneity. We study body language, and learn to ‘read’ what is happening in another person’s body.
Dance Alchemy includes a deep exploration of the heart center, and whatever may be in the way of our own self-love. We then explore our aliveness, fire, intensity, and what past experiences or ideas may be in the way of us being fully alive. The study of meditation, being present to energy, and how this phenomenon of witnessing integrates the moving energy into the body-mind system is a key that brings the vertical dimension, and takes us into the depth and height of our inner being.
– Exploring the phenomenon of acceptance, intense expression, and presence, witnessing – the Inner Alchemy. The results and possibilities of expressing energy through dance. learning how each person’s perceptions are so unique, as we explore together.
– Exploring in depth the Alchemy of the heart.
– Exploring synchronicity – the state of oneness with each other that raises our consciousness when we are sitting and dancing together.
– Exploring the seven chakras, which gives us an understanding of the different levels of life that are all parts of a whole person, and experiencing what happens when we bring the inner alchemy to where we have wounds or limitations in each one.
– Understanding conditioning, how our limitations are formed by messages/beliefs from our family, religions and society.
– Learning about the brain and how traumas are held in the body, and how our own body’s protective healing mechanisms need to be allowed to complete.
– Learning to listen to the body’s wisdom.
– Learning to trust our energy perceptions and intuition, our inner senses, so that we can ‘read’ energy in ourselves and others.
– Studying the energy exchange and play involved in relating. Becoming aware of the male and female energy within each of us, and how dance can reveal the harmony, the balance of living both aspects.
This prepares us for the second part of the training, where we will focus on:
Learning the basics needed to teach and give sessions, workshops and classes in Dance Alchemy, or discover and develop your own way of working with others applying this body-based therapy.
Applying the alchemy to life situations, so that we may become masters of our own energy, and can flow with the changes of life with resilience and joy.
Learning about the subtle body energies connected to each chakra, and our ability to be aware of energy in our selves and others, and learn energy reading skills.
You will be eligible for an internship in learning to give sessions, classes and groups in Dance Alchemy or use it in your own work, during part 1 and part 2. A full certification will be awarded after the Teacher’s Training.